- 9 dl (1 qt) milk
- 60 g (2 oz) butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2.5 dl (1 cup) plain yogurt
- 1.5 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 dl (1/3 cup) flaxseed meal
- 1.5 dl (1/2 cup) 10-grain cereal (or other grain mix like King Arthur's Harvest Grain Blend). You can also substitute wheat bran.
- 350 g (12 oz) whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp dry parsley flakes or 2 dl (3/4 cup) fresh
- 1 Tbsp coarse salt
- 400 g (14 oz) shredded carrots
- 1.4 kg (3 lb) all-purpose flour
Form into individual rolls. I try to make them 100-125g (~4 oz) each. I find that oiling the work surface when making the rolls is a lot easier than with a floured surface. Place on baking sheet and allow to rise covered for about 30 minutes. Brush tops with beaten eggs. Bake 15 minutes at 225C (437F) until golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.